This product is non-returnable.
Electronic equivalent of the Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens Student Workbook.
- Updated to reflect updates to the Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030), which is published by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Designed specifically for workers with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens, such as correctional officers, child care workers, security guards, maintenance workers, school personnel, hotel housekeepers, health and fitness club staff, and tattoo artists
- Upon completion of this course, students receive a course completion certificate that can be presented to their employer. There is no skills test or skills demonstration at the end of this course; however, the AHA provides an optional written exam if the employer requires an exam for completion.
- The eBook cannot be printed.
- Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of taking the Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens course
- Define bloodborne pathogens
- Describe the four main steps for staying safe when facing an occupational exposure
- Discuss how universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and handwashing can protect them from infection
- Recognize warning signs and labels for biohazards
- Recall how to safely remove gloves
- Discuss how to dispose of sharps and other blood-containing items
- Identify the types of spills and methods to clean them
- Discuss their exposure control plan